This deck has been a long time coming, and it's finally up on Kickstarter (and I need your help)
I've been collecting other creators deck designs for years now, both on Kickstarter and all the other sites we all know and love to collect custom playing cards.
When I started my apparel brand completely dedicated to TACOS (TacoGear®) I had no idea it would be as successful as it has been. Early in the process I wanted to launch my very own deck here on Kickstarter and came up with every excuse in the book on why I should wait. The excuses are done and I'm finally launching it!
These will not be re-printed
This is the first deck design in a series that will not be re-printed. The plans for the next decks are to make them even more details with custom TACO inspired illustrations everywhere.
What is Kickstarter?
Kickstarter is a crowdfunding platform that has been responsible for helping so many Creatives and Entrepreneurs fulfill dreams and projects. Backers (that's you) are able to help fund a project by donating their money in return for product. In this case, it's a limited edition deck of TACO inspired playing cards.
"Why do you need money?"
These decks will be printed with the United States Playing Card Company. That's the same company that prints all the Bicycle Decks you see. You probably have one in your home. They have a minimum number of decks for all custom projects which is 1200 decks. You can imagine how much that costs. So that's why creatives like myself start kickstarter projects.
All or Nothing
Kickstarter is an all-or-nothing platform, which means that if we do not raise the money we need in the 30 days we're attempting to raise it, the project will not be successfully funded.
"So how does this work?"
- I launch the project on kickstarter.
- I have 30 days to raise my goal.
- Once it's successfully funded, I begin working with the United States Playing Card Company (USPCC) to finalize all the artwork and get the decks printed. This is a 6-8 week process (sometimes longer).
- I stay in communication with each of you and let you know where we are in the process.
- I review and approve all proofs from the USPCC to begin printing.
- Decks are printed and then shipped to me.
- I start packing each and every deck to mail out to all of you who have helped me achieve this dream.
- I eat some tacos to celebrate.
Thank you checking out this project and thank you for taking the time to read everything on this page. You'd make me the happiest taco lover in the world if you helped back this project. I have always wanted to get my own deck of playing cards designed and printed.
Gerald Flores | Designer + Taco Lover | TacoGear®